Issue of labour brokers a work in progress2013-07-15 at 15:26
The controversial Labour Relations Amendment Bill has stalled in parliament after more than two years of haggling over its content.
This leaves the issue of labour brokers — or temporary employment services — unresolved. However, many companies have already taken steps to reduce their reliance on brokers over fears that they might have to take on casual workers fulltime, at great cost.
Anglo American Platinum, hit hard by South Africa labour unrest2013-02-04 at 14:52
Anglo American Platinum Ltd., the world's largest producer of the metal, announced Monday it suffered an operating loss of $715 million in 2012 as violent labour unrest in South Africa paralyzed its operations for weeks.
Big labour law changes coming2012-11-22 at 16:17
Proposed changes to labour legislation will have a significant impact on how employers conduct their business, labour experts said on Wednesday.
The draft Employment Equity Amendment Bill introduced a new form of unfair discrimination said Johan Botes, employment practice director at commercial law firm Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
- Zuma link to Labour Broking
- Labour broking to be regulated, not banned
- Clarifying the Deeming Provision within the labour relations amendment bill
- Report of the Public Consultations on the Labour Amendment Bills
- Workers employed for more than six months on temp basis to be permanently employed
- Labour Law Amendments: Real impact on flexibility
- SACCI survey on labour regulations
- Labour brokers play valuable role
- New amendments on the Labour Relations Act and the Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Labour brokers: Cosatu snubbed
- Cosatu's national protest action on March 7 is not a strike
- Debate on labour brokers continues as Zuma favours regulation over an outright ban
- Cosatu calls for stayaway on brokers
- Going for broke: Is Cosatu missing the point?
- EMPS releases annual background screening report
- Update on current NEDLAC position
- Laws need to limber up
- Wage subsidy talks underway
- Nedlac pressed on labour broking
- COSATU, NACTU postpone strike over labour broking
- Employment Equity Reports
- BUSA wants NHI paper taken to Nedlac
- NUMSA - What we will be striking for
- Significant developments go by almost unnoticed
- NUMSA - Why we are fighting on
- Fuel strike bites as new union joins in
- Employers should be lenient
- Media Briefing on the status of labour brokers and the NEDLAC
- South African Jobless Rate Rises