A company in Sunderland Ridge that specialises in moulds is looking for a Tool Maker. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast phased environment, have immaculate attention to detail and grasp concepts quickly.
• Lift, position and secure machined parts on surface plates/worktables
• Select metals to be used, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance
• Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly
• Study and read engineering drawings and sketches or specifications to plan operation
• Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments
• Lay out the engineering drawings design on the raw material and cut it to size and shape, using machine tools, power tools and hand tools.
• Set up and operate conventional tools
• Polish or texture moulds to specification
• Ad hoc assignments
• N3, subjects: Mathematics, Science, Trade Theory and Engineering Drawing
• Mechanical levels 1, 2 and 3
• Fluent in English and Afrikaans
• Computer literate
• EDM experience (advantage)
• CNC experience (advantage)
• SolidWorks and CamWorks experience (advantage)
• Welding (TIG and MIG welding advantageous)
• Drivers’ license and own vehicle
• Willing to work shifts, weekends and overtime as requested
Salary: R10 000 per month (Highly negotiable, depending on experience)
About Express Employment Professionals Midrand
Our Mission is To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.