Distribution & Procurement Manager –R13,000 to R15,000 monthly CTC
A local wholesale fish and sea food company is searching for a Distribution & Procurement Manager to manage a busy Distribution Centre – core responsibilities include monitoring daily stock in all factory retail outlets, liaising with shop management and dispatching orders timeously from DC.
Distribution & Procurement Manager job highlights:
- Manage a busy Distribution Centre.
- Three new shops have opened in last two months with additional new shops early January 2019.
What we look for in a Distribution & Procurement Manager:
- Good analytical, reporting and people management skills.
- Stock control experience is essential.
- Good computer skills, with sound knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and Pastel.
- Attention to detail.
Key Performance Areas –
- Daily monitoring of the stock in all shops and liaise with shop management.
- Ensure the timeous dispatch of orders to all retail shops.
- Ensure that all products are quality checked before dispatched.
- Ensure products are correctly priced and labelled before dispatch.
- Place orders with cold store, and ensure stock rotation.
- Regular stocktakes.
- Identify and correct health and safety issues and ensure all staff adhere to the policies.
- Determine a procurement process for the company.
- Purchase goods and services for the relevant departments.
- Select vendors and establish payment terms.
- Obtain quotations, source best deals or single source.
- Schedule and monitor deliveries, shortages and missed deliveries.
- Grade 12 certificate and/or a business management or procurement qualification.
- Five years’ relevant working experience in a similar environment.
- Must reside in the Cape Town Metropole.
- Must have a valid and unendorsed driver’s license.
- Good communication skills in Afrikaans and English OR Xhosa and English.
Apply online or at our office:
Express Employment Professionals can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Angelique Mendoza can serve as your contact for this position, as well as, many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 3, Helderberg Building,
Office: 021 840 7400
Need more information about this job?
Contact Angelique Mendoza our Employment Specialist at 0218407402, or by email Angelique.Mendoza@expresspros.co.za
Please add “Distribution & Procurement Manager” to the subject line of your email.
About Express Employment Professionals
Express works with job seekers to help find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, including full-time, part-time, and temporary positions. As one of the leading staffing companies in South Africa, Western Cape, and Cape Town, we’re ready to help you take the next step in your career.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.
In compliance with applicable South African Labour Relations Act, employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and an individual’s qualifications regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and expect that our employees and associates will cooperate in maintaining an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment.