The Project Manager will oversee operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
The Project Manager will be responsible for a whole site or, with larger schemes, may be responsible for part of a project and report to a more senior manager, who may be taking care of several projects at the same time.
Before work starts, the project manager will get things ready by taking on staff, and preparing the site, carefully planning the work to be done.
While work is taking place, the project manager will monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise. A project manager will also keep in close contact with members of their site team at all times, and liaise with engineers, surveyors and planners. He or she will also ensure that the work complies with health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements.
The project manager will also keep the client updated regularly on progress. Finally, he/she also act as the first point of contact for members of the public and sub-contractors.
It is the responsibility of the project manager to make sure that the deadline for completing work is met.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must have a Boilermaker Trade Test certificate
- Must have a driver’s license
- Must be computer literate in MS Office
- Must be driven, energetic, reliable and responsible.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Must have a clear understanding of management and safety legislation
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Must have previous technical hands on experience as a Boilermaker
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as a project manager
- Reading and understanding of drawings
- Experience in customer liaison of building new client data base and maintaining existing clients.
Package: (Contract position)
R20k – R30k per month CTC.
A full detailed CV to be emailed along with previous employer reference contact details and certified copies of ID, driver’s license and qualifications to email@example.com.