Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Our client is looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out flooring’s, roofing’s or drywall’s ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Matric or other certification from a vocational school is a plus but not a must
Once we have received your CV, we will make contact with you and explain the rest of the process and the scope of the opportunity to you in detail. Thank you for your application and we look forward to engaging with you over the next few days. Stay safe!