Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Our client, based in Grabouw, specialises in the design and implementation of all types of agricultural irrigation systems and are looking for an electrician to join their team. Please only apply if you are based in Grabouw or the surrounding areas.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
To install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. To ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. To install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
- N2/N3 qualification.
- Successful completion of a trade test (wireman’s licence).
- This qualification could have been obtained through either a formal apprenticeship or Section 28 of the Manpower Training Act.
- Completed apprenticeship; must have completed 3-5 years of apprenticeship or several years of vocational training.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Install or service street lights, intercom systems or electrical control systems.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Provide efficient electrician support service
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Ensure compliance with codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Willing to travel.
Please complete the following form to apply: https://forms.gle/1zrtKE76KtrEmZ5Z7
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email; Monique.Hollis@expresspros.co.za