Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
WORK TO BE PERFORMED
Responsible for the day-to-day accounting function of the organization, as well as monthly and quarterly reconciliations of accounts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Full charge accounting functions including but not limited to :
- Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable as well as Cash Management.
- Project Setup & billing.
- General Ledger, Income and Balance Sheet Reporting.
- Preservation of company financial records.
- Coordination with Accounting firm relative to tax preparation guidance and other matters which may require specific accounting expertise.
- Provide administrative assistance to meet all business tax reporting, payment and filing deadlines.
- Preparation of year end reports to properly reconcile all required business information for year ending tax reconciliations.
- Train staff in the use of accounting/project management software.
- Maintaining chart of accounts, cost and expense analysis and reports for the organisation.
- Capturing of invoices, receipts and expenses.
- Compiling and capturing daily payment schedules.
- Processing financial journals, and processing and reconciling bank accounts.
- Reconciling control accounts on Balance Sheets.
- Preparing monthly management accounts, budgets, reports against budget.
- Preparing weekly and monthly cash projection.
- Maintain Fixed Asset register.
- Reviewing insurance schedules.
- Assist in all Departments where required.
- Assist in IT related matters (basic knowledge essential).
- Management of Staff.
OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Inspire others with your thirst for excellence
Accomplish large amounts of important work with meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy, and can be consistently relied upon
Ability to interact with people at all levels, listen well, concise, articulate, treat people with respect
Ability to make wise decisions despite ambiguity
- Honesty and Integrity
- Grade 12 and Bookkeeping Diploma/Degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Accountant.
- Excellent administrative and written skills.
- Proven track record of Management of Staff.
- Computer literate (MS Office) as well as basic IT knowledge essential.
The above duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and are a basic guideline. The Company retains the right to add and change the duties and responsibilities as and when required.