Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Our client is a global technology solutions provider who are actively seeking candidates to fill multiple roles.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Java Developer in a vibrant, growth-focused work environment – based in Somerset West, Cape Town.
The ideal candidate will be a technologist who has a passion for learning and understanding the broader technical and implementation approached in the software development domain. He/She will have the essential ability to switch between big picture thinking as well as discussing/ defining details at a deeper technical level. We are looking for a self-starter, self-motivated team player with a strong attention to detail – ideally someone who is able to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science and/or At least 3 years relevant experience as a developer as part of a team in a software development environment
- A strong knowledge of Java essential
- Ability to work in a team environment: Follow/provide mentorship
- A good understanding of the SDLC process, tools and techniques specifically as applied to software development methodology
- Experience with team development tools: Use of source control applications (preferably Git)
- Experience of the following technologies:
- JEE (J2EE) server side technologies
- Java 6 and above
- Spring framework (preferably Spring 4)
- JPA /Hibernate
- Experience with an application server (Oracle Weblogic – preferable)
- Build tools(i.e. Maven, Grunt)
- SQL and experience with a relational database (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Java script framework(Angular)
- Bootstrap, CSS3, HTML5
- Business process/workflow layers e.g. JBPM, BPEL
- Continuous integration (Hudson, Bamboo or Jenkins)
- Integration experience (Web services, JMS )
- JAXB and XML Schema
- Use of a UML tool for documentation
Express Employment Professionals can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 840 7403
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 0218407403, or by email HR.CapeTown@expresspros.co.za
Please add “IJD01: Surname, Initial – Intermediate Java Developer – Somerset West” to the subject line of your email.