Career Level Others
Experience 3 Years
To be a mid-level engineer in the field engineers team reporting to the field team leader. To maintain
and service dedicated SLA clients, as well as ad-hoc work and projects for all Company client base. To
support the direction and leadership within the field team, as set by the field team leader
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide troubleshooting and updating/upgrading of software
- Installation/configuration of software including email, antivirus or any third-party applications requested by the customer – Excluding software that requires outsourced support.
- Maintain/Upgrade/Troubleshoot all customer hardware including PC’s and peripherals, network devices or other devices requested by client – Excluding hardware supplied and maintained by other vendors
- Liaise with external suppliers/vendors for the repair of equipment/software under warranty or maintenance contract
- Maintain/Troubleshoot desktop/server backup software on site – where applicable
- Carry out routine site checks of servers/connectivity
- Assisting other Engineers on Service Desk/ in the Office – where requested
- Completing Monthly Timesheets and Travel Claims dutifully and diligently – Update daily or where possible.
- Strictly follow daily scheduled calendar – Request and update changes where necessary
- Request quotes with proper information on hardware/software
- Contact/Update clients on any/all changes during maintenance/troubleshooting
- Manage small projects under the supervision and with the assistance of Team Leader
- Assist junior engineers where required/requested
- Escalate to relevant team/senior if beyond ability or responsibility
Working Hours : 8 to 5 with remote working where possible
Requirements: Valid Drivers License , candidate is required to be on the road most of the time servicing our SLA and adhoc clients
Anticipated start date : ASAP
• CompTIA A+ – or equivalent knowledge/experience
• CompTIA N+ – or equivalent knowledge/experience
• 3-4 Years’ Experience
• Sophos XG Engineer
Key Performance Areas:
Logging a Minimum 140 billable hours per month.
• A 90% First-time resolution on support requests.
• High rate of customer satisfaction.
• Closed tickets within relevant SLA times
Upselling of Company hardware, products, and services.
• Creating, maintaining and adhering to SOP documentation
Overtime will be required when reasonably requested by the direct line manager.
• Travel will be required to client’s sites/suppliers as per SLA schedule.
• Ability to work independently and in a team as required.
• Following instruction from assigned team leader, direct line manager and other senior staff
Valid driver’s license
• South African ID or international passport a with work permit
• Working vehicle
• Language skills proficient in English