Experience 2 Years
Our client, based in Blackheath, is a leading manufacturer of braai and braai accessories who are looking for a Packer to join their team. Please only apply if you are based in Blackheath, or the surrounding areas of Cape Town.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
To prepare products for shipment by rust-proofing, wrapping, crating and boxing.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
- At least 2 years experience as a packer within a distribution environment.
- Read, comprehend, and legibly write English.
- Basic arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Able to operate digital and dial scales.
- Ability to use a calculator.
- Able to lift up to 40 kilograms up to 40 centimetres from the floor.
- Use of both hands to package product.
- Ability to stand at work stations and use material handling equipment to move products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- To remove product from conveyor, inspect to customer specifications and hand pack into prescribed carton.
- Manage the quality levels on all production to satisfy both company and customer expectations.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Locate proper raw materials for operations in staging area, verify quantities with batch sheet and bring to line.
- Pull and review packaging procedure.
- Review and use required safety equipment.
- Create case labels for production runs.
- Verify batch numbers and labelling while placing units into cartons or cases as specified in packaging procedure.
- Initial and seal products as specified in procedure.
- Complete documentation accurately and legibly for each product as specified.
- Scan starting and finishing time and product item number using automated timekeeping system.
- Clean up work area by collecting unused raw materials for reconciliation.
- Dispose of waste materials after counting.
- Store equipment (scales, code guns, blister plates etc.) correctly.
- Follow the prescribed safety policies of the company.
- Work with associates to further company goals for productivity, safety and quality.
- Assist other production teams during periods of downtime, slack time or upon early completion of tasks.
- Communicate equipment problems to Production supervisor, Production Manager and maintenance department.
- Inform Production supervisor, Production manager and Quality assurance manager of any packaging problems. (suspect labeling, coding, damaged materials etc).
- Assist in inventory counts annually or as the accounting department requires.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Please complete the following form to apply: https://forms.gle/f51Z5EYxRKUvQ2356
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email; Capetown@expresspros.co.za