Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Our client, based in Killarney Gardens, is a family run business who are looking for a Production Planner to join their team.
Main Purpose of the job:
Plan production as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible, making use of all resources and to meeting customer’s requirements.
Preferred Minimum Education:
- Minimum of Grade 12, degree or diploma tertiary qualification in production/supply chain. Qualification with financial component
Preferred Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a Planning capacity or similar roles within a manufacturing environment, preferably food industry and 3 yrs working experience on ERP/MPR driven environment
Critical Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Administration — Knowledge of business principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Planning — Knowledge of principles, methods and planning tools for planning resources, machine capacity, system requirements inclusive of related cost and benefits
- Food Production — Knowledge of techniques and equipment for manufacturing food products
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of food products Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Material Resources — Understanding to allocate and fully utilise resources in a food manufacturing environment
- An understanding of the production planning role in the overall business environment
- Time Management — Managing ones own time and the time of others, Coordination skills — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions, Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system, Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to deliver on production requirements, Computer skills – specifically ERP/MRP software, EXCEL,
Critical Function Competencies:
- Information Gathering and Processing
- Information Management
- Business Perspective
- Using Financial information
- Attention to details
- Analytical thinking
If you would like to apply please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/CnWF1i98kNtkseoM6
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email Monique.Hollis@expresspros.co.za
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.