Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Our client is the largest Ship Supplier in South Africa and is based in Paarden Eiland. They are seeking a professional Receiving Clerk to join their team. Please only apply if you are based in Paarden Eiland or the surrounding areas of Cape Town.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
- Maintain a cost-effective, quality-based service function for the warehouse with available resources.
- Ensure that the company assets are controlled and reconciled daily.
- Assist with Health & Safety requirements as assigned by the Risk Coordinator / Manager.
- Housekeeping – Safety, and security in the Receiving area as well as warehouse.
- Receiving all stock and non-stocked items, check the quality and quantity of products and verify against documentation.
- Receipt stock onto NAV the same day.
- Report any discrepancies (quantity or Quality) to Supervisor, Buyer or Manager immediately.
- Responsible for safe pallet stacking and de-stacking in the warehouse as stipulated by Health & Safety Act requirements.
- Identify control points and problem areas and take preventive actions.
- Ensure checked & verified stock is moved out immediately & placed directly into racking slots and allocated control points.
- Ensure buyout stock is transferred to buyout pre-shipment note immediately after it has been received and inform the relevant dispatcher of that vessel to collect.
- Keep records of all source documents (current and archive).
- Ensure that distribution Centre policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all stock and non-stock returns are returned to the supplier within 24/48 hours of receipt.
- Ensure All returns from vessels are documented and emailed to the respective salesperson, Log Manager, Warehouse Supervisor within 24 hours of receiving item/s.
- Control loose stock & coordinate returns to the manufacturing factory for repacking.
- Responsible for checking back returns from vessels, sorting returns to distinguish the quality of stock, and communicating to the relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with Buyer, Receiving Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor & Admin assistant on all shortages & damages.
- Overtime will be required from time to time based on the company’s operational requirements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in Warehousing operations.
- Certificate/Diploma in Logistics advantageous.
- ERP experience advantageous.
- Excel advantageous.
- Strong Time Management and Organizational Skills.
- Forklift/ Hyster/ Counterbalance License.
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Analytical Skills
- The ability to relate to others
- Active listening skills
- Emotional balance
- Good judgment
- Technology Savvy
- Good sense of humor
Please complete the following form to apply: https://forms.gle/f51Z5EYxRKUvQ2356
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email; Capetown@expresspros.co.za