Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Our client is a registered Non-Profit Organisation and a recognised Public Benefit Organisation who is looking for a Regional Manager to join their team.
Regional Manager: Operations & Quality Care is a member of the organisation’s senior management team. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is tasked with providing leadership, management, and application, to ensure that the vision and strategy, as initiated by the CEO and Board of Management, is executed.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Regional Manager includes ensuring that all the organisation’s Aged Care and Child Care Homes, including its outreach initiatives across the Region within South Africa and Zimbabwe, operate with efficiency and at the required expectation of service and quality care. Key initiatives include improving unit performance, effective management of resources, ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies, correct appointment of people, effective operational and administrative controls, and ensuring efficient reporting procedures are in place, controlled and managed.
The Regional Manager manages and supports the Leadership teams of each outreach facility, ensuring that each unit achieves its goals and targets, as set out in the organisation’s overall strategic priority areas, and additionally maintains sustainability levels. These include ensuring high occupancy levels, high service levels, reaches feasible fundraising targets and builds the brand of the client.
A sound working knowledge and understanding of Aged and Child Care service delivery, with the relevant academic qualifications and wide-ranging professional networks, along with possessing a comprehensive knowledge of residential care, is essential.
Key Performance Areas include;
- Facility Management
- Residential Care
- Nursing & Quality of Life Care
- Operations Management
- Property Maintenance Management
- Project & Development Management
- Hospitality & Services Management
- Asset & Equipment Management
- Fleet Management
- Utility Management
- Family Relationship Management
- Occupancy & Room Management
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Employee Relations
- IT & Infrastructure Management
- Responsible for the smooth, efficient, and effective (with emphasis on productivity) operation of all client outreach facilities, ensuring sustainability and longevity.
- Manages and controls the operations function in a cost effective and operationally efficient manner, according to the Board of Management strategy, policies, resolutions, and approved annual operating and capital budget.
- Responsible for approval of all plans and proposals for additions, alterations, and improvements to any of the client’s facilities, so to maintain the aesthetic appearance and standards of the units.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and administration of all external service contracts relating to operations, including catering, security, pest control, hygiene and sanitary services, nursing agency services, and any other such contracts which may be entered into from time to time.
- Responsible for project management for capital development contracts, consultants and other service providers.
- Holds regular operational meetings (formal and informal) with the respective Facility Managers, Leadership teams and / or heads of departments, for the review of operational systems and controls. This includes keeping the Sister Superior of each client facility abreast of any developments of an operational nature.
- Administers, monitors, and ensures compliance with statutory requirements related to Residential Care Facilities, including Norms and Standards as set by the Department of Social Development and / or the Department of Health, Older Persons Act, Child Protection Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental Health Regulations, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act, etc.
- Develops and controls, in consultation with the Regional Management team and the relative Facility Managers, Leadership teams, departmental managers and / or heads of department, of the annual operational budget (income and revenue), capital projects’ budget and operational assets’ budgets.
- Undertakes regular inspections of all client facilities, with regard to maintenance, housekeeping & general aesthetics of surrounding grounds.
- Develops, in consultation with the Regional Management team and the relative Facility Managers, Leadership teams, departmental managers and / or heads of department, the 3-year financial plan for the Organisation.
- Manages all insurance compliance, adjustments, claims and refunds.
- Ensures the correctness of monthly / quarterly financial management statements and reports to the CEO and Board of Management on the financial position.
- Initiates and maintains good relations with the Sisters across the Region, specifically the Regional Superior, Regional Council members, and Sister Superiors of each facility.
- Interviews and deals with all residents with empathy, in respect of operational and other issues, and ensures attention and resolution of their individual problems, complaints and concerns, efficiently and timeously.
- Provides and monitors quarterly reports to the CEO and Board of Management, ensuring accurate and pertinent information is recorded.
- Makes available information, policies, resolutions and requests to all staff, such being from the Board of Management and / or CEO.
- Deals with all correspondence received in respect of operational and related issues, efficiently and timeously.
Skills required include the ability:
- To measure financial performance:
- The revenue growth rate compared to budget;
- Debt recovery and debtors’ management;
- Cash flow management;
- Operating expense ratios in line with budgets; and
- Occupancy management.
- To understand your customers and service requirements:
- Customer satisfaction index; and
- Customer complaints handling.
- To understand your employees and their performance:
- Human capital management;
- Revenue per employee;
- Employee satisfaction index;
- Salary scale management and employment ratios; and
- Training programs.
- To measure your environmental and social sustainability performance:
- Consumption management.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (MUST HAVE):
- Excellent managerial and communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Ability to assimilate a high volume of information across disciplines and departments, thereby providing leadership and support to senior staff and experts in each of those disciplines.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and make and implement decisions quickly and soundly.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exemplify leadership and maintain composure under pressure, while maintaining high morale.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people representing various backgrounds, levels of training, and career stages.
- Ability to multitask, offering support to the Regional Team, Sisters and Leadership Teams.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to work independently.
- Problem-solving and analysing abilities.
- Ability to manage and coordinate several tasks at once.
COMPETENCIES DESIRED (NICE TO HAVE)
- Dementia and / or Alzheimer’s experience.
- Post Matric qualification: Business Management or similar, including facility management.
- Post Matric qualification and / or experience in Financial Management in a similar-size organisation.
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar environment and in a senior managerial position
If you would like to apply please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/3mLZkyXofSvbWcFQA
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email Monique.Hollis@expresspros.co.za