Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Customer facing Retentions Manager is responsible for managing, maintaining, and most importantly reducing loss of existing business, by maintaining our link base, working closely with all business units, increasing link upgrades, and tactically increasing customer spend.
The Retentions Manager will be responsible for communicating and negotiating with customers, propose solutions, gathering data and providing detailed information and reports on customer interactions and outline steps taken to arrive at the solution. The incumbent is also responsible to balance the organization’s desire to keep the customer / link with the potential revenue that the customer represents, and the costs associated with retaining them. This is achieved by communicating with customers business, legal (if required), and employees to increase loyalty and retain business
This role requires significant communication skills, both written and verbal
Please submit a portfolio of evidence demonstrating wholesale retention strategies, win records, wholesale ideas and learnings, along with your CV, profile, 1 page write-up on “why are you the candidate we need”? and references.
Aligned with ITIL:
- Adherence to Global Telco Standards
- Working closely with Operations, Service Managers, Finance, Legal, Technical and other business units
- Identify areas of potential revenue leakage throughout the order to cash process and set up the relevant actions to be addressed.
- Must be able to devise and adapt retentions strategy according to company policy, expectations, and market changes
- Must understand competing products and related pricing in the market to have meaningful conversations
- Implement proactive and reactive churn prevention programs and drive new business growth through customer advocacy
- Must assist re-negotiation on proven high risk clauses by providing evidence and possible solutions to create a win-win outcome
- Identify risk causing clauses in conjunction with product rules. Must be identified and resolved before business suffers losses
- Thorough understanding of Contracts, commercial understanding and risk mitigation is high on the radar of the retentions team
- Improve and stabilize Out of Contract link levels to meet KPI’s as set by senior management
- Provide predictive churn models and solutions
- Analytics and mitigation for potential losses
- Manage Retentions team
- Provide training, guidance and mentorship to achieve team KPI’s
- Identify and reduce the overall revenue leakage throughout the business value chain
- Manage credit note process from a Sales perspective
- Collate data for credit resolution and disputes
- Identify and correct system issues and processes that result in credit notes
Renewals forms part of the proactive retentions approach:
- Provide Accurate renewal base to the Sales team
- Package and gain approvals for renewals proposals
- Draw out renewal proposals for each customer as requested
- Own, manage and improve CRM Renewals functionality
- Manage and report on renewal discounting
- Manage and report on renewal actuals vs target
- Manage Renewals Target for the Financial year
- Provide reporting to all levels of business relating to renewals
- Standardised bulk deal approach
- Provide Accurate real-time reporting on bulk deals
- Reduce response times on bulk deal queries
- Own, Manage, and improve CRM Bulk deal functionality
- Manage and report on bulk deal performance
- Understand and provide reporting for all bulk deal requirements
- Report on Bulk deal Milestones for previous, current, and following financial year
- Identify bulk deal risks and mitigation
- Provide bulk deal reporting to customers in line with bulk deal contracts
- Understand all bulk deal terms and conditions
- Manage CSS process for bulk and non-Bulk deals
- Own, Manage, and improve CSS functionality. Migrate functionality to Salesforce
- Ensure all CSS’s are processed and approved within KPI
- Provide reporting and presentations to all levels of business relating to bulk deal
- Working Conditions:
- Office based and travel
- Extended work hours where applicable
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated, willing to put in extra time
- Solution driven; able to react quickly and resolve issues so that the workflow can continue
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to perform under pressure
- Must be able to persuade and influence others
- Good relationship builder with strong diplomacy skills
- Other relevant tertiary qualifications
- Minimum 5-year experience in the Telecom Industry
- Customer management: tactful, resolute and committed to providing excellent customer service
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of product offering
General Computer Literacy
- Good working knowledge of MS office software packages.
- Applies commercial insight to deliver a prompt and appropriate response to business matters to influence a positive outcome.
- Performs planned activities to boost the sales of products and services in line with sales targets.
- Handles software that allows the organization to store, organize, synchronize and search records relating to customer interactions.
- Performs activities related to an organization’s administration such as computing, organizing, planning, scheduling, producing reports or filing.
- Identifies problems, analyses problems, generates workable solutions and resolves problems according to acceptable business quality standards and so as to minimise workflow disruption.
- Puts in sufficient effort to meet or exceed business and customer expectations both in terms of delivery and quality.
- Able to act without being prompted to. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, self-motivation and ownership in work. Has a need for achievement. Achieves results.
Planning and Organising
- Provides a written account of intended future action to achieve specific objectives within a specific timeframe. This explains what needs to be done, when, how, and by whom.
- Exchanges information, news, ideas and views to create shared meaning.
- Communication occurs between levels, departments and employees. Uses appropriate methods of communication and transmits clear, professional messages. Checks own understanding.
- Has a set of abilities allowing positive interaction and effective working relationships. Constructively handles disputes and people issues. Has skills in the areas of relationship building, communication, listening, delegating tasks, providing feedback and leadership.
Attentive to Detail
- Thorough. Gives care and consideration to all parts and aspects of tasks. Considers fine points.
- Is persistent and overcomes obstacles such as physical barriers, criticism, lack of support, discouragement, heavy workloads, customer resistance or tough economic factors.
- Systematically examines and evaluates data or information by breaking it into its component parts to uncover their interrelationships so as to establish trends, changes and to identify risks in order to make meaningful business decisions.
- Sees routine tasks through to completion without prompting.
- Focuses on meeting and exceeding the needs of internal and external customers by anticipating customer needs, delivering within timeframes and to quality standards, measuring customer reaction and maintaining necessary contact with customers.