Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Our client transforms data-related problems into digital products that will enable you to increase productivity, increase profit and make better decisions. They are looking for a Scrum Master to join their team.
The Scrum Master guides and coaches the organisation and team in the use of scrum / agile practices. They boost the effectiveness of teams by managing key technical programs, championing delivery success and operationalizing underlying processes to make development teams hum effectively.
Scrum Masters resolve impediments, monitor and have control over the scrum processes and meetings.
Key Roles & Resonsibilities:
- Manage key technical programs, tracking and communicating commitments, dependencies and risks.
- Champion delivery success throughout the team and champion the early delivery of incremental benefits.
- Ensure deliverables from team will form an integrated program solution.
- Collaboratively identify and synchronize project interdependencies across multiple teams.
- Ensure the program benefits remain viable throughout the program, communicating status and date changes and actively manage dependencies.
- Assist product teams in making realistic commitments whilst communicating with business stakeholders.
- Navigate changes and risks that affect the programs.
- Facilitate effective resource allocation across the programs.
- Evangelize Scrum and Agile Development best practices throughout the company.
- Run cross-functional programs and projects.
- Coordinate and track leadership team projects and quarterly goals and assist in defining and maintaining accurate goals and metrics for success.
- Promote, define, refine and enforce lightweight processes that fit our Agile software development culture and values.
- Serve as a point of contact for geographically distributed teams.
- Coach/Mentor Product Dev Managers and Team Leads on relevant project management practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Ability to recognise the importance of working through others within the team through engaging and empowering others to use as much of their own capabilities as possible, thereby fostering trust and high energy to succeed.
- Drive and energy to get the job done.
- Ability to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Assertive with the ability to come up with solutions to critical situations.
- Ability to make timely decisions and take calculated risks.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Scrum, eXtreme Programming (XP) etc.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Broad knowledge of software industry and technology trends.
- Ability to co-ordinate large teams with cross-functional dependencies.
- Proactive and organised with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment providing consistent, high-quality output.
- Enthusiastic and demonstrates positive and high energy that inspires others to constancy achieve their goals.
- Ability to lead the team to self-organisation.
- Ability to embrace diversity and highly receptive to new ideas and people who are different, and constantly searching for new knowledge and new ideas and willing to learn better ways of doing things.
- Ability to facilitate discussions to allow the team to consider alternative solutions or approaches and bring disagreements out into the open to help to manage them collaboratively.
- Ability to stimulate and relish change, adapt quickly and see change as an opportunity.
- Ability to think strategically and recognise the importance of long-term goals, as well as be committed to success.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines).
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Relevant degree or equivalent with typically a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- SAFe Scrum Master or SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification.
- Other related certifications and/or training (for example – SAFe Devops, Implementing SAFe etc.).
- Proven scrum master experience in an ICT environment, managing software projects and working with software development teams.
- Demonstrable experience of Scrum Management.
- Good knowledge of Agile concepts and principles.
- Proven experience as a coach and mentor in agile practices (Scrum, Kanban etc.).
- Experience with contemporary software development methodologies.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
If you would like to apply please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/3mLZkyXofSvbWcFQA
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email Monique.Hollis@expresspros.co.za