Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Our client transforms data related problems into digital products that will enable you to increase productivity, increase profit and make better decisions.
The Software Development Engineer is accountable for designing, developing and testing software systems, modules or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
Incumbents within this job are responsible for detailed design for certain modules/sub-systems, doing prototype for multi-vendor infrastructure and showcasing it internally or externally to clients. Design and develop functionality in micro-services environment working with APIs, telemetry data and running ML/AI algorithms on it, working with both structured and unstructured data.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop solutions and functionality that drives growth of business
- Write and test code
- Execute automated testing
- Participate in software deployment
- Deliver software components while working in collaboration with the product team
- Integrate and build solutions through automation and coding, using 3rd party software
- Craft, build and debug large scale distributed systems
- Write, update and maintain technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- Refactoring code
- Review code written by other developers
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven managerial, leadership, organisational, interpersonal and verbal capabilities
- Flexible, self-organised and display high level of initiative and operate effectively under pressure.
- Teamwork experience essential
- Proven Agile experience
- Continuous delivery experience
- Systematic, disciplined, flexible and analytical
- Effective time management
- Customer Service orientated
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Results Orientated
- Influence / Communication Skills
- Relevant degree/diploma, OR relevant experience with official certification
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in Software Development
- 2 – 5 years of Enterprise level Linux experience
- 2 – 5 years development experience in Python
- 2 – 5 years Mysql experience
- 1-3 years Django Experience
- Experience in rabbitmq an advantage
- Apache/nginx experience an advantage
- Flask, Bootstrap experience an advantage
- Perl experience an advantage
- Go experience an advantage
- AWS / Azure / Terraform experience an advantage
- DEVOPS experience and advantage
Please Note: this is a semi snr role, requires Tech Lead, establishing and maintaining development standards and processes as well as coding. This person will have zero senior developer support.
If you would like to apply please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/3mLZkyXofSvbWcFQA
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email Monique.Hollis@expresspros.co.za