Experience 5 Years
Our client is a well established UK based healthcare IT provider who is seeking an experienced SQL Database Administrator to join their team in Strand, Cape Town.
Working Hours: Flexible
Minimum experience: 5+ years’ experience in production database environments
Self-motivated SQL DBA with a minimum of three years SQL DBA experience and strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is team-orientated but able to work independently and identify and resolve issues pro-actively.
- Administration and management of databases in SQL Server environments.
- Ensuring Standardized Administration practices are implemented – Monitoring and alerting.
- Monitoring, Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- Database security and compliance.
- Commissioning and de-commissioning of SQL Server instances.
- Database High-availability design and implementation.
- Assisting with Business Continuity planning.
- Disaster Recovery design, implementation and testing.
- Developing database standards policies and procedures.
- Database upgrades, i.e. from a lower version of SQL Server to a higher version of SQL Server.
- Migrating on-premise instances to Cloud (keeping replication intact).
- Data Processing /Staging.
- SQL Reporting Services; writing reports.
Must be experienced in…
- Replication (setup / migration /troubleshooting).
- Troubleshooting other MSSQL problems, e.g. timeouts, slow running queries, deadlocks, security, parallelism.
- Best practice SQL deployments.
- TDE, and other encryption methods.
- Data processing.
- SQL 2017