Experience 2 Years
Our client is a supplier of choice in different markets within the open Information Technology industry, based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the role of the System Engineer is to provide a focal point for customers to contact the client’s support-departments for assistance. The System Engineer receives and responds to any inquiries or requests for technical assistance from customers. He/she provides possible solutions, assigning support actions to other departments where needed.
- Customer Service (35%)
- Professionally respond to and assist with all customer queries.
- Remain courteous, tactful, honest, and professional in all communication with other parties.
- Regularly update all customers with progress-information and estimated times to completion.
- Regularly follow-up on outstanding queries with other entities who are involved with specific requests.
- Adhere to and comply with all commitments made.
- Remain calm and collected in adverse situations.
- Be alert to deteriorating customer-service within the environment and intervene directly or by escalation.
- Support- or Information-requests (25%)
- Process support- or information-requests from various sources (phone, email, logging-system integration, etc.) for the purpose of providing solutions to the customer.
- Telephonically and remotely identify, diagnose, and resolve all requests to the best of his / her capability.
- Escalate to other support-entities (colleagues, other departments, other service providers) where personal resolution is unachievable.
- Assess the need for onsite-support against the high cost thereof.
- Monitor time spent on remote request-resolution to ensure resolutions (own or other entity) are achieved within contractual service-level obligations.
- Retain ownership of support-calls and diligently manage to resolution.
- Verify whether current requests are repeat-requests. If necessary apply different solutions and/or escalate to other support-entities to ensure that further repeats are minimized or eliminated.
- Recognize and alert the team leader of trends in customer calls.
- Perform research and continued effort towards education for the purpose of improving knowledge- and experience-levels in the products supported by the company.
- Train and mentor junior technicians.
- Create and distribute diagnostic guides generated from in-depth investigations.
- Record Keeping (25%)
- Before creating new support- or information-request record verify that the same request is not captured already.
- Create the initial record for & accurately capture any reported support- or information-request in the call-logging software.
- Ensure that all auxiliary fields in the call-logging software are completed accurately and updated as further information becomes available.
- Accurately capture all information pertaining to resolution-attempts in the journals.
- Escalate observations where the call-logging software is incorrect or incomplete in order to further improve the accuracy of records.
- Maintains detailed and accurate records of all incidents, diagnostic attempts, and actual resolutions, including the relevant classifications & categorizations as provided for in the Call Logging tool.
- Policies and Procedures (5%)
- To adhere to the company policies and procedures code and regulations.
- You may be required to conform the legitimate instruction of any employee in authority over yourself, which is not stipulated in your job description.
- Detailed PC Hardware knowledge, including point-of-sale peripheral
- 2 Years’ IT Diploma or equivalent
- MCSA / MCP / QBE
- Remote Support Experience
- Database skills – SQL / Firebird/ Interbase
- Technical Service Desk experience
- Call Centre experience
- Reliable/Own transport
- Sound literacy in English & Afrikaans
- Must be prepared to work standby duties including weekends and public holidays.
- Attention to detail.
- Initiatives and Self-motivation.
- Coaching and Mentoring.
- Interpersonal relationships.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time-management.
- Technical skills.
You may be required to work overtime outside the scheduled shift- and standby-allocation on management requests.
Please complete the following form to apply: https://forms.gle/Mvr4eEgEZ6ywKDd79
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo, our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email HR.Capetown@expresspros.co.za