Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Our client is a South African-based privately-held property investment and development company that is seeking a skilled temporary accountant, located in the Cape Town Northern Suburbs.
Purpose of the Job:
To take responsibility for accurate processing and financial reporting, and to assist with day-to-day supervision of operational functions.
- Matric (Essential)
- BCom Accounting and completed articles
- Solid understanding of VAT and accounting principles (IFRS for SME’s)
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting adjustments
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist with overall time management of billing and creditors departments monthly responsibilities
- Tracking progress vs planning for billing and creditors departments
- Attending daily and weekly meetings for billing and creditors departments
- Ensuring that all payments are signed off and paid timeously
- Ensuring that all billing is signed off and sent out timeously
- Assistance with implementation of new processes within billing and creditors
- Administration of Signiflow (payment authorisation software)
- Communication link between billing, creditors, and the Financial Manager
- Processing of daily and monthly journals including but not limited to deferred incentives, Petty cash, Loan adjustments, Depreciation, Salaries, Accruals
- Monthly reconciliation of all loans and interest calculations
- Analysing budgetary variances
- Preparation of monthly management pack
- VAT reasonability and finalisation for all entities
- Assist with company secretarial tasks
- Calculation of property valuations
- Annual budget preparation and finalisation
- Assist with audit for all entities
- Draft AFS for all entities
- Forecasting of future financial needs
- Ad hoc financial analysis
- Prompt query resolution with internal staff
- Keep sufficient record of all journals
- Adhering to deadlines and cut-off dates
- Maintaining / organizing filing of all paperwork
- Assist management with projects within the finance department
- Any finance related tasks that may be required from time to time.
If you would like to apply please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/3mLZkyXofSvbWcFQA
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email Monique.firstname.lastname@example.org