Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Our client, based in Cape Town, is the leading automotive battery manufacturer and distributor in South Africa. They are looking for a Warehouse and Distribution Manager to join their team.
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure operational efficiencies and optimization levels are achieved in the warehouse and distribution environment whilst maintaining alignment with business operations.
- Diploma in Warehouse Management / Distribution / Logistics (NQF 6) (Minimum)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Warehouse Management / Distribution / Logistics (NQF 7)- Advantageous
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite; other relevant discipline-specific software programs)
- Knowledge of Warehousing and Distribution processes and procedures
- Communication skills (both verbal and written)
- 5 years’ experience in Warehouse or Distribution / Logistics in a Manufacturing environment of which:
- Up to 3 years’ should be at Supervisory level
Key Results Areas:
Warehouse and distribution management
- Contributes to creating and recommending strategic plans and reviews in order to achieve operational objectives.
- Ensure an efficient warehouse operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demand.
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, packing, storage and dispatch of goods.
- Ensure efficient and effective planning/ packing of export goods.
- Ensure inventories are accurate and control inventory levels by ensuring physical counts are conducted and reconciled with an automated system utilising help of the warehouse team.
- Ensure the relevance and accuracy of all documentation relating to goods out.
- Prepare the shipments and work schedules of warehouse employees.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of warehouse space to include layout and future capacity requirements.
- Ensure any hazardous materials are stored in accordance with requirements.
- Establish, monitor and maintain high standards of security in the warehouse by setting security procedures.
- Ensure effective management of the labelling machine.
- Continuously liaise with partners in terms of daily planning and deliveries.
Stock management and control
- Oversee all stock receipts onto the system.
- Investigate stock variances and recommend rectification plans.
- Operates within controls and procedures in order to ensure the integrity of the client.
- Identifies and monitors risks within own department and area of responsibility.
- Assists in the maintenance of a risk register, report discrepancies or areas of concern to management.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and policy frameworks to prevent fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure.
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
Customer Service Management
- Maintains effective working relationships with customers (both internal and external) towards rendering highest quality of services.
- Represents the client in meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Identifies and solves problems creatively whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity in line with the client’s core values.
- Reports to Management on internal stakeholder related matters.
- Ensures that all employees have signed performance agreements.
- Monitors and measures performance quarterly by conducting employee appraisals.
- In collaboration with HR, identify staff performance objectives, potential areas of development and action plans where necessary.
- Ensures ongoing training and development of employees.
- Addresses employee relations matters fairly and promptly.
Cost and financial control
- Contributes to the budget preparation process.
- Promotes and communicates the effective, efficient, economical and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Monitors and controls expenditure against budget and ensures spending occurs within budgetary limits and the clients financial guidelines, report deviations to direct Manager.
- Explores opportunities to control and reduce costs.
The client’s values:
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Mutual Respect, Trust and Dignity.
- Openness and Transparency.
- Participation, Co-operation and Teamwork.
- Performance and Accountability.
- Passion and Commitment.
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Planning and Organising
- Supervisory Skills
- Customer Focused
If you would like to apply please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/mUNvhZs9DQVyvr2z7
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email Monique.firstname.lastname@example.org