Experience 2 Years
Our client is the largest Ship Supplier in South Africa and is based in Paarden Eiland. They are seeking a professional Warehouse Assistant (Packer) to join their team. Please only apply if you are based in Paarden Eiland or the surrounding areas of Cape Town.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
To prepare products in the warehouse for shipment by rustproofing, wrapping, crating, and boxing
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
- At least 2 years experience as a packer within a warehouse environment.
- Able to read, comprehend, and legibly write English.
- Basic arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to use a simple calculator.
- Ability to lift up to 40 kilograms up to 40 centimetres from the floor.
- Able to use both hands to package product.
- Able to stand at work stations and use material handling equipment to move products.
- Able to operate digital and dial scales.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Load and unloading of stored products
- Inspecting to customer specifications
- Packing of products
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
Provide efficient warehouse packing support service
- Complete documentation accurately and legibly for each product as specified in warehouse procedure.
- Scan starting and finishing time and product item number using automated timekeeping system.
- Clean up work area by collecting unused raw materials for reconciliation and disposing of waste materials after counting. Store equipment (scales, code guns, blister plates, etc.) in proper locations.
- Follow prescribed safety policies as established by the company.
- Work with associates in team effort to further company goals concerning productivity, safety and quality.
- Assist other production teams during periods of downtime, slack time or upon early completion of tasks.
- Communicate equipment problems to Warehouse Manager and Maintenance Department providing information such as what equipment, problem, frequency, etc.
- Inform Warehouse Supervisor of any packing problems.
- Assist in inventory counts annually or as Accounting requires.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Please complete the following form to apply: https://forms.gle/f51Z5EYxRKUvQ2356
Mo can serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
We are located at:
Unit 18, T2 Building, Gants Plaza,
Gerber Boulevard, Strand,
Office: 021 111 0656
Need more information about this job?
Contact Mo our Recruitment Coordinator at 021 111 0656, or by email; Capetown@expresspros.co.za